Monday, March 28, 2011

March 28, 2011 Fell off the wagon, but got back on...

I fell off the wagon (New Year's Resolution Wagon... to not buy anything new for 6 months...'see previous blogs') late February... with some much needed retail therapy.  I got dumped... and immediately dashed for my favorite boutique.  I was bummed later in the month to see my credit card statement in the mail... and thought immediately... "ok... spending freeze!"  So, much for not buying anything new for 6 months.  I guess the wonderful thing about falling off a wagon, is unless, you break something, you can easily get back on {heart excluded}.
March has been a month of a spending freeze, and gathering my thoughts on what I really need and don't need.  I think reality also hit when I filled up my car with gas, and it was close to what I spend per week in groceries!  Yikes!  "The things I need..."
1. Food
2. Gas
3. Toilet Paper
After that, my budget leaves less to be desired.  But, I have again began to think of creative ways to get fun and new items.  I recently had a clothing exchange with some friends and scored big time!  An Ann Taylor dress, a new pajama top, roller blading t-shirt, sweater, and a gardening shirt!
All, for the small price of some groceries (food for my guests)!  It was a blast, and others scored big as well.  I highly suggest it!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most valuable thing about falling off a wagon is the experience that you gain from it. You fell off a wagon, and jumped straight to a better one! Shopgirl 2.0:) Props to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just finished a book entitled: A Setback is a Setup for a Comeback.Author: Willie Jolley. An international bestseller. Throughout his stories of people he has met in life he shares inspirations about nothing can keep us down if we have the faith an inspiration to keep going. Thought of you and love your blog. You are the shop Girl. Go Girl, you are the winner! love mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cyn, I love that you mentioned 'but got back on'. I think all too often we set a goal, miss it and then think, 'well, I didn't make it, maybe I'll set another goal and try again another time'. When in fact, a small set back is just part of the process. I had forgot about how you did the buy nothing new 6 months challenge. I remember how much $ you saved that year. Very inspirational, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete