Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 9 of not buying anything new:

It's difficult, but getting easier.  I have to say that really after 3 days, it felt like my desire to buy anything new, was decreasing, until the other day I went into a flower shop!  Yes, sitting in a little wire basket below all the clearance xmas items... were the cutest xmas cards.  And they were 75% off!  Oh, how I wanted them, they would be perfect for next year!  Only $2 and some change.  But, I resisited. Maybe I can make my cards next year.

I've started to be creative again.  I crocheted my sister a scarf, in 2 hours!  Well, an ear warmer... and I'm almost done with my una scarf.  I cook, organize, and man, I have a lot of stuff!  Enough clothes, jewelry, shoes...

I think that if I can do this for 3 monthes, then for the next 3 months, I can buy one new thing per month. I think it's good to make some adjustments and be somewhat realistic!

1 comment:

  1. I like that idea of not buying anything new for 3 months and then re-evaluating. You are so correct about the amount of stuff in ones home. A home or closet inventory should be a must at the beginning of the year to determine, what do I need? I did that and found I have a lot of great pieces but am in need of a crisp white shirt, so now when I'm out (after 3 mo) I have an item in mind and won't come home with the shirt and cute jeans and the $10 gap sweater on sale!!

    ReplyDelete