Thursday, March 31, 2011

March 31st... Last day of the month...

I am on the last day of the month...of not buying anything new!    This is 3 of 6 months of not buying anything new... unless it is a necessity:  ie; toilet paper, gas, food, etc.  I am thinking of this as a purification/detox really of  all the purchasing I did over Novemeber and December, like I was never going to get to go shopping again!  Lol!  Sort of like a food detox!

 I went to VS last night, with coupon in hand and got my free item!  Then headed to the used bookstore and got my "new" book... "The Wonder Spot," by Melissa Bank.  It was $7!  Half of what I would have paid at a bookstore.

I keep thinking what am I going to buy in April?  I would like to finish not buying anything new for the next 3 months of my New Year's Resolution (6 months of not buying anything new)... with the exception of buying one new item each month.
I don't think I can deprive myself too much now!

I will continue looking into used items.  It is difficult, especially in a culture of buying.  But, the rewards are so much greater buying used.  It was so fun to go into the used bookstore.  I found a really fun event to on April 9th in Uptown... that is FREE!  :)  It was fun, saving money!  And I felt adventurous/creative... utilizing my resources! 
What are your resources you have found helpful???

1 comment:

  1. You did well! I wish I have the power (God knows i don't) to be more frugal in times like this! :)

    ReplyDelete